Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July Tag Swap

I was fortunate enough to be able to create tags for two people this month of July, my birthday month! The theme for this month is "Royals", a totally fun theme because you can go so many different ways with it.

This first one is "Bow down bitches". I loved the attitude this model is giving and thought it was perfect to adorn her in riches and a crown. I ran the tag through the embosser, painted the tag in red and sprayed it to make it all glossy. Cut out the flowers and butterfly from a great napkin I got from another google friend and colored it with oil pastels once I glued it down. Adding the embellishments to her was so fun and finding that perfect crown for her was a great finishing touch. I had to color the large crown on top with InkaGold and finished it off with some ribbons.

 
Next, is the "Future Queen" tag, and I was lucky enough to find a vintage picture of Queen Elizabeth as a toddler! She was so adorable with those golden curls! Her crown is made from a vintage book page and some gold wire I wrapped to form the adornment. Her staff is an InkaGold covered toothpick with beads and gold wire to decorate. I used wire and beading for hanging.

"The way a man treats a woman is the best identification of his nobility." This quote by Tsarina Alexandra, the last czar's wife, was the inspiration behind this tag. I used lots of bright colored sprays fort he background, embossed a crown and added the embellishments with black sparkly brads. I used gold glitter glue to frame the pictures.


















"You may address me as Your Royal Highness" tag is one of my favorites. I used inks, sprays and oil pastels for the colors in the background. Using texture paste through a harlequin stencil and added color using oil pastels and ink. Texture spray was also added after all the colors were down. I folded up a gold ribbon to form pleats for the bottom and added the rhinestone for some glamour.

The colors behind "My sister may be the princess but I am the Queen" tag are made with the spray inks with a bit of gold splashed on afterwards. Letting the sides soak up some of the red ink is how I made the border. Used lots of glitter glue and colorful ribbons to finish it off.

"Let me adjust my crown and get my day started" had a nice ring to it so I felt I needed just the right Queen pic and a place to put her for it all to work. Her tower is made from a toilet paper roll covered with paper I sprayed with ink through a bit of punchinello shaped like bricks. The top was made from cardboard folded and colored. The Queen has a golden embossed frame around her and also embossed foliage covering the bottom of the tower and to the side. I stamped and colored the bird on deli paper before gluing it to the tag. Some of the flowers I made using vintage book pages with pearls added to the middle. The other flowers are from recollections that I had in my stash.







No comments:

Post a Comment