Thursday, January 29, 2015

Collage Card and Tag

Just a couple more pieces I sent off to my daughter this morning :)


This was intended to be a card, but I couldn't find a piece of card stock that I liked to have as a background...and I have soooo much card stock to choose from so it was kind of shocking! I wound up writing the letter on a piece of notebook paper and taping it to the back :) The size of this is 6 x 6 and it is a gold card stock piece. I used some of my gelli prints and my new favorite, paper towels which I typically place under any particular piece I happen to be spraying with any spray inks for added protection. I have lots of scraps saved up! Some sprayed burlap, vintage book page and music sheet and of course a tea bag that I stamped are the other bits on this tiny collage. The piece of string with the sequence is leftover yarn that I had from eons ago. I used that along with another yarn to knit my girls headbands...really...eons ago!



This tag is very similar to the one I sent off for the January swap, which I believe she received by now so I feel safe to post this here. While it is similar, it is still very different than what I sent off to my tag swap partner :) This was intended for her, but when I showed it to my daughter, she fell in love with it so I decided to surprise her with it and sent it off to her with the card this morning. Needless to say, I created another for my tag swap partner and will post that here after she posts :)
I used texture cream over a stencil, dylusions spray, stamps, doodles, vintage book pages, homemade washi tape, water color markers, texture spray and gelli prints.


The back of the tag was covered with a gelli print and bits of a vintage music sheet.  The bird is a stamp I used on deli paper colored with water color markers and then sprayed with texture spray.



No comments:

Post a Comment