Friday, November 7, 2014

Journal Pages and More





This is a collection of my recent journal pages, magazine collages, 
halloween ATC's and gelli print tapes.


This is my most recent art journal spread. I had incorporated gelli prints, scrap paper and used dryer sheets which I sprayed with spray inks. You can see the result of that in the wings. I was experimenting with oil pastels and wax pastels. Trying to find the white pen/marker that I preferred using in mixed media was also included in this page. I haven't found my go to white pen yet! The background, first picture below, is made of many different layers of paint, stencils, and papers placed on a gessoed page with graffiti scribbles scratched into it.






The figures are made of geli prints and faces I painted on paper and glued on. Lots of doodles and a few stamps made it complete!






The Halloween ATC cards were a result of a meet up group. The ones you see here are my creations that have since been traded. What a fun event and one that I will for sure attend again.




My sister, Sherie, is a wonderful artist who is trying to show me the ropes with magazine collage...or as I call it, magazine mashup :) The following are my first 3 attempts and this technique is one I hope to get better and better at with experience.





My gelli plate was drying very quickly as a result of working outside on a nice sunny, warm and windy day. I pulled the paint with packing tape and this was the outcome. I can't wait to use them in my journaling and collage work.

No comments:

Post a Comment